Canegrowers has a vacancy for a Development Manager, based at SA Canegrowers’ offices in Mount Edgecombe. This position operates across the 14 cane supply areas of the industry. It is responsible for the implementation, reporting and communication of the SA Canegrowers development strategy. It provides advice and support for grower development initiatives including development projects, oversees the annual training and capacity building programme, undertakes research of small-scale grower issues, sources funds for projects,and works closely with all stakeholders. This position requires a candidate who has a record of project delivery within the rural development context. Applicants must have proven demonstrated strong project management skills as well as an ability to undertake monitoring and evaluation. This position would be responsible for participating and influencing decisions at committee level and would be required to engage at a senior level in a multi stakeholder environment as well as communicating with small-scale farmers. We are looking for a candidate with strong leadership skills to positively and proactively interact with growers, staff and industry stakeholders and who inspires, creates direction and delivers on it.
- An appropriate Degree in Development Economics or a related relevant qualification.
- Five years’ experience in a development environment at a programme or project management level and experience in sourcing and managing funds is required.
- Computer literacy is vital as is a valid code 08 driver’s licence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to interact at various levels within corporate and government entities is key.
- Proven leadership skills with proven track record.
- The position is required to produce various professional reports and proposals.
- Written and verbal fluency in isiZulu will be preferred.
To apply for the above position, please e-mail your comprehensive CV including current remuneration details and expectations to: email@example.com
Clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the subject heading of your email.
Closing date for submission: 16 August 2017.
If you have not been contacted by 31 October 2017, please understand that your application has been unsuccessful.