Regional Economic Advisor: North Coast
CANEGROWERS has a vacancy for a Regional Economic Advisor, based in Umhlali on the North Coast.Reporting through to the Senior Regional Manager, the position of Regional Economic Advisor is responsible for providing economic, financial and technical support to all land reform growers(restitution and redistribution) in the Maidstone,Gledhowand Darnallcane supply areas. The position will play a complimentary role with the Regional Land Reform Advisor based in the South Coast. The successful incumbent will be required to prepare and present industry information, conduct relevant economic research and analysis, prepare appropriate business plans, and produce written and verbal reports for the local grower meetings. The position has a strong numerical aspect and essential components of the job is drawing up and monitoring budgets and cash flows for all growers. Establishing good working relationships and facilitating consultation with key stakeholders involved with land reform issues is a core responsibility.
- An Agricultural Economics Degree.
- Two to three years’ experiencein an economic sector or similar environment is preferred with proven experience in the compilation, implementation, evaluationand monitoring of business plans.
- Excellent numeric and economic skills. Mathematics must have been core in Grade 12.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Applicants must preferably be able to communicate in isiZulu.
If you have the qualifications and meet the indicated requirements, please e-mail your comprehensive CV including current remuneration details and expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly indicate which position you are applying for in the subject heading of your email.
Closing date for submission: 21 July 2017.
If you have not been contacted by 31 August 2017, please understand that your application has been unsuccessful.